What Is Prudential Long-Term Disability Insurance?
These policies are sold and described as providing your own financial shield when you can’t work due to a long-term disability. Th policy should keep your money worries at bay by replacing a portion of your income, anywhere from 60-80% of your pre-disability earnings. It should be a safety net that lets you focus on healing and getting back to your old self.
The Prudential LTD policy will contain a definition of disability. It will also include some limitations and exclusions. The policy will also spell out how your benefit is calculated and for how long the policy pays. It is important to understand the various policy provisions, so you should always get a copy of the policy before you make a claim. This is the rule book and what governs your claim.
Common Reasons for a Denied Prudential Long-Term Disability Insurance Claim
Long term disability claim denials can be disheartening, especially when you are genuinely unable to work due to your medical condition. You need this coverage to pay your bills and stay in your home. Some common reasons for Prudential disability claim denials include:
- Insufficient Evidence: Prudential may allege that your medical records do not substantiate your restrictions and limitations. Or Prudential may cherry pick the portions of the medical records that support denial, while it ignores the evidence of disability.
- Failing to Fit the Definition of Disability: Prudential may allege that you have not meet all of the policy requirements for what qualifies as a disability by stating that you could work the required hours, do not have the requisite income loss, or could be accommodated.
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Prudential could deny your claim by stating that it is a result of a pre-existing condition.
- Where’s the Proof?: Prudential sometimes denies claims stating that there is a “lack of objective evidence,” like test results or medical scans, to back up your claim.
- Biased Record Reviews: Prudential often hires the same record reviewing physicians who are incentivized to find against you to review your claim. These “doctors” may ignore the testimony of your treating physicians.
- Surveillance: Prudential may put you under surveillance and allege that since you were able to drive to your doctor’s appointment or to the grocery store that you can work.
These are just some of the ways that Prudential denies valid claims. We have seen pretty much everything that Prudential does to deny a claim, and we have developed strategies to defeat their deny, delay, and defend strategy.
How Can Our Experience With Prudential Help You?
Filing a long-term disability claim can be a complex and overwhelming process, especially when facing a denial from Prudential. In such situations, seeking the assistance of a knowledgeable Prudential disability claims attorney, such as AEL (Aaron Engle Law), can make a significant difference.
Here’s how AEL can lend you a helping hand:
- Claim Check-Up: We will dive into the nitty-gritty of your case, sifting through your policy and the claim file analyzing the reasons for the claim denial. We will map out the best plan of attack, sniff out any legal issues, and be your trusty guide throughout the claims journey.
- Gathering the Goods: We will team up with you to gather all the ammo you need. We will collect medical evidence, employment records, witness testimony, testing, vocational evidence, and medical literature to prove your claim. They know that presentation matters and will stuff the claim file with the evidence needed to prove your claim.
- Litigation if necessary: AEL has litigated many cases against Prudential. We are no strangers to the courtroom, and we will present your case in the best light to a judge or jury.
Aaron Engle Law knows the disability claim game inside and out, especially when it comes to Prudential’s playbook for claim denial. Prudential provides disability coverage for some of the biggest employers in the Puget Sound region, like Microsoft, and we have helped many Prudential insureds with their claims.
With Aaron Engle Law you will get individualized attention. We do not handle every case that comes to us, and we have a dedicated team. We have the experience to get the job done right.
Talk With Us About Your Prudential Long-Term Disability Insurance Claim Denial.
Don’t let a Prudential long-term disability claim denial jeopardize your future. Reach out to AEL without delay and let us guide you through the maze by scheduling a free consultation today!